Hello fellow bookworms!
This has been a comparatively busy month for me, with work as well as personal life. Luckily, the weather is amazing and its rained quite a few times! Read on to find more about my month 💛
What I Read...
This has been a slow month in terms of books, especially during the last week as I was swamped with work. I somehow managed to read 13 books (as compared to 16 last month). 8 of these were ARCs, and I am glad to have upped my Netgalley ratio to 70+!!
Book(s) of the Month
August Book Reviews
August 2020 Posts
Links I Enjoyed This Month
🌼 Are Libraries Hurting Publishers? By Pages Unbound
🌼 Book Review: The Trouble with Peace by Joe Apercrombie by Patrik@NovelNotions
🌼 ARC Review: Labizona by Romina Garber by Reader Voracious
🌼 Writing Male Characters the Way Male Authors Write Female Characters by ThisisLitBlog
🌼 Should Book Bloggers Make Money From Other Bloggers (According to the community) by Pages Unbound
🌼 Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko by Paper Fury
🌼 Why I don’t believe in fake engagement in blogging (+ tips and tricks to engage and build genuine connections!) by Drizzle and Hurricane Books
🌼 Six More Books I Cried Over ft. Emotional Reads From 2020 Because I’m A Trainwreck Of Emotions by Marshmallow Harmonies
🌼 10 of my biggest book hangovers (and why I’m still not over it) by Drizzle and Hurricane Books
Reviews Coming up on the Blog
AUGUST goals review
- Reach 225 subscribers on WordPress ✅
It was a small goal, but I am happy to have achieved it!
- Engage more with bookish community ✅
This month I started carving out time for blog hopping more seriously, and using Feedly to blog hop. It has been a life-saver, though I am not very happy that I had to add a LOT LOT MANY blogs manually (no clue why lol). I also let go of my hesitation to comment on other blogs ( I can be really awkward and anxious 🙈 ) and it felt pretty amazing to interact with other book bloggers!
- Write one discussion post per week – Writing long, thoughtful and coherent discussion posts seems like such a daunting task to me, so that is exactly what I will strive to do.
In Real Life/Other Things
- New blog aesthetics – I finally decided on a color scheme for my blog and revamped the entire design. I think I am happy with what I have here!
- Crossed 5000 average monthly views!
- I got braces – I know 25 years is a bit late for getting braces, but better late than never, right?
- Received my first physical ARC from Harper Collins India – This has me so excited! As an international blogger, getting physical ARCs is quite close to impossible. Which is why I was elated when I was contacted by Harper Collins India for a review request, and received a physical ARC of the book.
That’s it for me! I hope you enjoyed reading my monthly update. I would like to hear from you too.
How was your month? What was new in YOUR life this month?
Which books did you read? What was your best read?
Any other thing you want to share?
You can pick any categories from above and can tell me your interpretations. Also, if you do a monthly wrap-up, leave me your link in comments and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂
*Linking to @Feedyourfictionaddiction who hosts monthly wrap up round up and giveaway!