Hey there bibliophiles!
It has been more than 3 months that I have been a part of the #bookblogger community, and I am truly surprised at the amount of joy and fulfillment running this blog has brought me. Not only have I found an outlet to ramble about the books I loved and hated, I have also found a wonderfully welcoming community of readers who are as crazy as me!
What I Read...
I read a grand total of 16 books this month, including two 500+ pages long and two graphic novels. Not bad!
- South of the Buttonwood Tree by Heather Webber (Netgalley ARC)
- The Invincible Summer of Juniper Jones by Daven McQueen(Blog Tour)
- My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russel
- I Know Your Secret by Ruth Heald
- The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
- Rainy Days for the Harper Girls by
- A Declaration of the Rights of Magicians by H.G. Parry
- Monstrous Souls by Rebecca Kelly
- Heartstopper (Vol 1 and Vol 2) by Alice Oseman
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Sisters by Daisy Johnson (Netgalley ARC)
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- The Henna Artist Alka Joshi
- The Storyteller’s Daughter by Victoria McCombs (Blog Tour)
- Over the Woodward Wall by A. Deborah Baker (Netgalley ARC)
Book(s) of the Month
Ahhh I loved this book so much! I felt so much pain and happiness at the same time while reading this.
Quote of the Month
I wanted to tell them that I’d never had a friend, not ever, not a real one. Until Dante. I wanted to tell them that I never knew that people like Dante existed in the world, people who looked at the stars, and knew the mysteries of water, and knew enough to know that birds belonged to the heavens and weren’t meant to be shot down from their graceful flights by mean and stupid boys. I wanted to tell them that he had changed my life and that I would never be the same, not ever. And that somehow it felt like it was Dante who had saved my life and not the other way around. I wanted to tell them that he was the first human being aside from my mother who had ever made me want to talk about the things that scared me. I wanted to tell them so many things and yet I didn’t have the words. So I just stupidly repeated myself. “Dante’s my friend.Alix E. Harrow, The Ten Thousand Doors of January
Reviews Coming up on the Blog
JUNE goals review
- Reach 100 subscribers on WordPress ✅
Yayy! Thank you bookish community to help me not only reach, but surpass this goal by a huge 30%! I hope I keep creating content worthy of you beautiful people😭
- NOT have more than 3 books unread on my Netgalley/Edelweiss shelf at a time ( I have 6 unread currently on Edelweiss, so I need to read them before I request any more) ❌
Not happening🤣😭 I got so many Netgalley approvals this month, I was honestly shocked. I am trying to get through them before requesting any more, but with so many good books coming, it is really hard to do so.
- Keep a book journal to record quotes, thoughts and other bookish things ✅
Though it is still a work in progress. I had wanted it to be pretty, but I realized that I can’t be bothered to put in the work. Besides, my bookish thoughts come in fits and starts, so I cannot really write them down aesthetically!
Aesthetics aside, keeping a bookish journal has really helped me jot down my thoughts which helps me write a more coherent review without forgetting anything noteworthy.
- Reach 175 subscribers on WordPress
- Organize my book shelves
- Try my hands at calligraphy!
In Real Life/Other Things
- Completed two years at my present job! Cannot believe how fast time flies…it seems just yesterday that I was fretting over campus placements and preparing for interviews!
- I shifted houses just 2 days back. I am still in the process of unpacking boxes. This house is larger than the previous one, so I am hoping to arrange my bookshelves more aesthetically!
That’s it for me! I hope you enjoyed reading my monthly update. I would like to hear from you too.
How was your month? What was new in YOUR life this month?
Which books did you read? What was your best read?
Any other thing you want to share?
You can pick any categories from above and can tell me your interpretations. Also, if you do a monthly wrap-up, leave me your link in comments and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂
*Linking to @Feedyourfictionaddiction who hosts monthly wrap up round up and giveaway!